4.03.2006

Update

I realize I haven't posted in a while...I suppose I don't have much to talk about. I could do the normal old complaining about school, but that doesn't really accomplish much (nor is it very interestting). I have come to a conclusion though - I now know that I will most likely not be an attorney. Perhaps I'll still finish my JD, although lately I've been considering cutting my losses and doing something else. Of course, perhaps if I can find some summer legal work I'll get a chance to change my mind. I know that I would love being a professor of a subject that I enjoy, yet I also know that having a JD would probably help me in getting into a decent doctoral program somewhere, and would be a good thing to fall back on if I ever needed it. Decisions, decisions. Now though, I just need to focus on finishing up the semester.

Ha, I see that Mark has linked to my blog on his website. He's right, this blog isn't very exciting, is it? Yea, must be because I'm in law school...I swear though, I used to be an interesting person! I must thank Mark though, for making some hella good turkey burgers on Saturday night. Anni and I attended a dinner party at Simone's apartment with all our Germans/French buddies who live here in Owen. It was the first time I'd been out in a long, long time, and I really needed it. It was a good evening...lots of food, and I brought lots of beer. I was also excited because, in going to buy beer at Goodrich (the first time I'd been there), I was ecstatic to see that they had Frankenwein (Wine from the Franken region of Bavaria, where I spent a month of German summer school). I happily bought a bottle of Silvaner, which I hope to enjoy at some point soon. I sincerely miss German wine, and always buy some if I see a decent dry variety.

Otherwise, I'm just trying to survive, and trying to remain human, as opposed to the best efforts that school may throw my way.

No comments: