10.30.2007

A Link

This entry on a blog I've begun reading by an orthodox convert layman titled "This is Life! Revolutions Around the Cruciform Axis" is spot on. I agree with his criticisms of "progressive" Christianity, and his writing happens to be hilarious too. Especially this bit:
What’s so funny is that these “progressives” are still stuck in that three-centuries old modernist paradigm of binary opposites: “belief-centered” versus “transformation-centered.” Haven’t any of them heard of this new thing called “Post-mo-der-nism”? It’s pretty slick. It attempts to deconstruct such binarism. So, I mean, how progressive can one be if one is still stuck in a centuries-old paradigm?

1 comment:

Benedict Seraphim said...

Thank you for the kind words. A point of clarification: I'm not a priest. Just an ordinary layman.

I have been an ordained minister in the Stone-Campbell/Restoration Movement churches and was on he ordination "track" in the Anglican church. But I am content to work in the Church outside of ordained ministry.