Well, I've had quite the time since my last post. Last Thursday I couldn't find my cell phone, so that stressed me out quite a lot, 'cause I hadn't talked to Sarah in such a long while. I ended up finding it in the back of my car...of course, it was in an obvious spot like that. After doing nothing Friday night (I don't even bother in Hillsdale anymore), I was getting ready to head up to Ann Arbor on Saturday morning when Sarah called with important things to talk about. I guess she's got some issues in our relationship that she has to deal with. Nonetheless I came up to Ann Arbor and visited her, and after a good talk, we went and had a very nice dinner at an excellent country Italian restaurant in Ann Arbor. All in all a very nice time. I did nothing on Sunday, except Sunday evening I got a call from my mother, telling me that I'd forgotten to get the backpack out of her car when I'd returned from Ann Arbor. So, all my books were now in Terre Haute, Indiana. So, I had to spend 5 hours Monday evening driving halfway to Terre Haute and meeting mom to get the books. At least I got a Pizza Hut meal and a couple beers out of it.
Yesterday morning, then, everything seemed fine, until Sarah called me again. It turns out I was a real asshole to her before I left for Europe, without even realizing it, and she needs a "break" for a little while to deal with everything and be sure about us. Great. Right when I think things with Sarah are really well, and I finally don't feel like I need a break, she does. It's sorta ironic, I suppose. So, I guess I'm sorta single now. I'm trying to not be selfish, but all I know is that my Saturdays with Sarah are the only fun I ever have...I don't really have many friends around here anymore, and I'm really tired of parties and drinking. Yet, if she needs time, she needs time. I had my break over the summer in Europe where I got a chance to think things through, and if she needs that too, so be it. I'll survive.
2.23.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment