2.16.2005

von Eichendorff rocks!

Good news...the von Eichendorff that I mentioned yesterday has actually turned out to be very pleasant to read. It actually reads like normal German and is readily comprehensible! I was really starting to feel quite stupid after reading Kleist and Goethe, but with this I'm able to read it and barely need a dictionary. It's a great little story too, about this Taugenichts ("good for nothing") who gets kicked out by his hard-working miller father and sets off on his own. He's the classic romantic who never worries about a thing, and immediately gets picked up by a couple good-looking foreign girls in a travel-carriage and ends up at a castle, where he's charming enough to be hired as an assistant gardener. Of course, he doesn't work at all...he has much more fun observing the women who live in the castle. Fun stuff.

Otherwise, all is cool. Going to the gym tonight. I'm using a workout from eas.com right now...I like it quite a lot. Its a good, balanced general strength workout. I already feel much healthier after only 2 and a half weeks.

Tonight Taliesin will be playing in the snack bar...it's really our first performance since last year, so it should be fun...we've been sounding great. 10:00 pm, snack bar...be there.

Tschues!

No comments: