6.24.2005
Bad Luck
Yesterday, I worked the lunch shift, and had some bad luck. First, I had the good fortune to serve a woman with food allergies. She couldn't eat anything with garlic or onions in it. EVERYTHING we serve is cooked with garlic. So I had to spend 10 minutes dicking around with her and the cooks to find a bland enough salad for her to eat. Then I served this old couple...they were nice enough, bantered with me and whatnot. I took them their check, left for two minutes to check another table, and came back. They had already taken off, without paying the bill, but leaving a tip. At least it was a good tip. Then I got stiffed by a couple of businessmen who left no tip. Lots of bad luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Tom,
How did you know that the couple left a tip, and weren't just desperately trying to make the tab, but short?
:)
Di
Post a Comment