Well, work at Buns has been great. My training was finished in about 3 days, and I settled right back into the old restaurant-work routine. It's a great restaurant, actually. It's casual yet elegant dining, with very good food. The other servers are great. Most are in their twenties, and plenty of them are attractive females, which is always a plus. My boss is a tought little Greek guy named Vasily, and he's a good boss. The managers are really nice too. It's been really fun, and it feels good getting back to some hard work and making money again. It was a slow weekend, though, but things should pick up soon.
I've continued lifting, running and swimming. That, combined with 4-8 hours a day of frantic running around while I wait tables should make for a lean Tom very soon. Speaking of that...I'm the third Tom at Buns right now, which means I'm now Tommy R. while at work. The only person I've ever let call me "Tommy" was Sarah.
I'm just about to finish "A German Identity: 1770 to the Present Day". It's an analysis of the German crises of identity, from essentially the Enlightenment and the subsequent Napoleonic invasions to reunification (it was written in '91). The author uses cultural, political, economic and national factors to explain the various stages of modern German history as a search for identity. It's an interesting thesis, and probably correct. Germany as Mitteleuropa was very late in establishing itself as a nation-state, and culturally there were as many Germanies as there were Laender.
6.20.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment